Springboard is a fast-growing startup, built by a team that is passionate about fixing education and bridging the world’s skills gap. We’ve helped tens of thousands of students learn skills like data science and UX design, using a unique approach that involves 1-on-1 mentorship from top industry experts.
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
Springboard is building the leading school for breaking into in-demand skills like data science and design, using a unique combination of 1-on-1 mentoring from top industry experts, a project-based hands-on model, ongoing job-search coaching, and guaranteed career outcomes. Our team is passionate about fixing education and bridging the world’s skills gap, and we’ve already helped tens of thousands of students globally.
As the Product Manager, you will define the product vision and execute the roadmap to improve the Springboard student experience and outcomes. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to continuously improve the Springboard’s platform and features. This is an awesome opportunity to make an impact on thousands of students’ lives — and you’ll have a great degree of visibility into and influence on the business.
- Core Responsibility: take features from ideation and prioritization, to definition and build, to launch, measure, and iterate.
- Own the product roadmap and help your team determine what to build and why.
- Work closely with General Managers of curriculum verticals on the strategic roadmaps for courses, e.g., new launches, curriculum improvements, experimentation, or other initiatives.
- Conduct user and market research and identify features to improve your product.
- Develop a clear understanding of users’ needs through user-centered design.
- Collaborate with the business, design, pedagogy, engineering, and operations teams to define problems & solutions.
- Work closely with our engineering team to build, test, and ship your features, and with ops to drive adoption.
- Follow through on your features: define, monitor, and report on feature metrics, and recommend iterations or improvements.
- Work with both onsite and offshore team members on all product needs.
- Have 3+ years work experience in a Product Management role at a B2C company.
- Can define the product vision, execute the product roadmap, prioritize features, and execute end to end; build to launch.
- Have strong communication (verbal & written) and people skills, especially with remote engineering teams.
- Are terrific at prioritizing by getting to the crux of the problem/value, make accurate trade-offs, and articulating them clearly.
- You put our users first; you are the biggest advocate for our users in any meeting
- Showcase outstanding time management skills to deliver cross-functional projects on time while managing competing priorities.
- You are curious, have an “always be learning” mindset. You are fascinated by data, research and user behavior.
- Are able to blend data and analytics with empathy and user-voice while designing user experiences.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience within an Agile/Scrum startup company.
- Formal product management & process training.
- EdTech or Gaming experience.
- Knowledge of project management tools like JIRA.
- A background in User Research, qualitative or quantitative.
- A strong grasp of engineering concepts & software development process.
The Springboard team of 100 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, full health insurance coverage, a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
With a female co-founder, 33% women on the exec team, 50% women at the director level, and ~40% managers who are women, Springboard has a strong foundation of female leadership.At Springboard, bringing your “whole self” to work is encouraged. People want to get to know you beyond what you bring professionally, and you’re more than a title or skill set or “type” in this environment. A common concern that often comes up for women is feeling afraid to be feminine or showing more concern or care for fear of being taken less seriously. That’s not the case at Springboard, and the team is beyond supportive!
COMPANY BENCHMARK REPORT
We interview startups to evaluate their diversity initiatives, discuss best practices and policies. If employers rank above the benchmark, they receive the label "endorsed by GUILD" and we feature them in the endorsed employer section and on the GUILD portal.
Our experts have helped many companies hire highly qualified diverse talent and change culture to retain and promote women.
Interested in the benchmark report?
GET IN TOUCH
Do you have any questions? No Problem! Get in touch and we'll contact you right away.